Willseal® 600 & 600S is a pre-compressed, self-expanding foam joint sealant, engineered to perform as a highly flexible, weathertight, primary or secondary seal in vertical exterior applications. (600 for primary or secondary; 600S in secondary only).
600S is specifically designed to provide the ideal foundation for a large variety of wet sealants, such as silicone, polyurethane, polysulfide, and acrylic. Unlike conventional wet sealant and backer rod methods, Willseal 600 & 600S is not susceptible to breakdowns caused by excessive or rapid joint movements, thus protecting structures against rain, wind, dust, and sound. Willseal 600 & 600S is waterproof to a wind-driven rain at 12.5psf (70mph) yet it is vapor permeable, making an optimal addition to any air barrier system, cavity wall joint, and interior partition application.
Willseal 600 Datasheet (PDF | English)
Willseal 600 Datasheet (PDF | French)
Willseal 600S Datasheet (PDF)
Install Instructions (PDF)
Guide Spec (Word | English)
Guide Spec (Word | French)
Vertical Checklist (PDF)
Willseal 600S LEED Letter (PDF)
Willseal 600 LEED Letter (PDF)
Willseal 600 & 600S consist of 3 elements: a foundation of super-resilient microcell polyurethane foam; an impregnation of flame retardant, hydrophobic, UV-stabilized acrylic emulsion; and a pressure-sensitive adhesive with embedded scrim, to prevent stretching or pulling during installation. Willseal 600 & 600S are supplied pre-compressed on a roll or in sticks, with the PSA on one side for ease of installation. Both are self-extinguishing and have a flame spread of 0, with a smoke development rating of 5 per ASTM E 84, and are chemically compatible with all types of commercial construction. (For fully fire-rated joints, see Willseal FR per UL 2079.)
- Willseal 600: joint sizes from 1/8 in. to 1 3/4 in. in rolls
- Willseal 600: joint sizes from 2 in. to 8 in. in sticks
- Willseal 600S: joint sizes from 1/8 in. to 2 in.
- Willseal 600S: joint sizes from 2-1/4 in. to 8 in. in sticks
- Custom sizes available upon request
Willseal 600 family is ideal in any joint, including:
- Primary expansion, control, isolation, & retrofit joints – Willseal 600
- Secondary construction joints – behind wet applied sealants – Willseal 600 & 600S
- Exterior panel systems – masonry, stone, EIFS, curtainwalls
- Pre-cast concrete walls, tilt-up walls
- Window and flashing applications
- Interior vapor, dust, acoustical, and air control