Willseal Seismic SAF-V is a one-step primary sealant for exposed areas where pick resistant is important. It has a factory applied, pick-resistant, elastomeric coating on the exterior surface, that is designed to provide a watertight, dust-proof, noise-reducing, thermally insulating, and UV stable primary seal for areas that can be easily damaged or vandalized.
Willseal Seismic SAF-V consists of 3 construction elements:
- A foundation of monolithic, self-expanding open micro-cell polyurethane foam
- Impregnated with a hydrophobic, acrylic polymer
- A factory-applied pick-resistant sealant.
Willseal Seismic SAF-V is supplied pre-compression, for ease of installation and for best performance. Willseal Seismic SAF-V is delivered in two-meter sticks, with a specially formulated epoxy for adhesion to the substrate and a special adhesive for the splice.
- Tru White
Joint sizes in sticks:
- 1/2 in. to 8 in.
- For joints larger than 8 in., consult Willseal for design considerations.
- Custom sizes available upon request.
Willseal Seismic SAF-V is commonly used in vertical applications, including:
Primary vertical expansion joints and retrofit and seismic Joints found in:
- Government buildings
- Institutional buildings